Friday, July 15

It's Mid July

 

When I was a child, a teenager, and a young adult, the middle of July signified that the summer was half over...  the summer months were considered to be June, July, and August.  The warmth started in May and the coolness started in September.


From middle age to a senior citizen to being retired, our climate has substantially changed...  We can have t-shirt and shorts weather through December...   and, instead of the warmth starting in May, it can start as early as the middle of March, but typically it is now April.


Our winter, at least in the Tennessee Valley only lasts January, February, and March and of those 12 weeks, really cold frigid weather may be around 2-4 weeks at best.  Of course, these are not absolutes, so there could be a lot of variances.


So, even though it is the middle of July, my sandals, t-shirt, and shorts attire will be continuing for many weeks.  In fact, I cannot really remember the last time I had on a pair of hard shoes...  it's got to go back prior to 2015 when I was working...


Talking about hard shoes is misleading because my nephew turned me on to wool shoes made by Allbirds...  I have a pair of lace-up wool shoes and a pair of slip-on wool shoes like loafers that I wear to substitute for hard shoes in the winter because I don't need to wear socks.


Wearing wool shoes is like wearing slippers and I cannot imagine ever wearing a pair of hard shoes again.  In fact, I wore my wool shoes to a funeral a couple of months ago...  and, no one paid attention to the kind of shoes I was wearing, but if they did, I did not see them so what the hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment