Sunday, February 26

Advice From the Frog's Advisor

 Jeremiah was a bullfrog 
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine...



Advice From The Frog's Advisor
Please be seated and put all your electronic devices away as I would like to have your undivided attention...   thank you.

I have been the Frog's advisor all of his adult life and it has been my pleasure to share my thoughts and recommendations with him, even though he seldom followed what I had to say...  sometimes, I had the feeling that he had his mind already made up before he reached out to me.

And, it is this that I would like to talk with you about...  having your mind already made up...   it is a dangerous place in which to find yourself, because you are refusing to acknowledge and/or analyze other points of view.

We have a tendency to believe what is being told to us, rather than research that information ourselves to see if it even makes sense...   for example:  why would we want to END petroleum crude oil and go to electric vehicles, when the infrastructure to support those vehicles is not there?  And, when you put the microscope on the concept, you find that our current electric grid will not support it either.

We are putting the cart before the horse because someone TOLD US that was the way to go, and we had our minds made up when other points of view were presented.   Just like the Frog...

No comments:

Post a Comment