Saturday, May 8

A Retired Influence

Mornings begin slowly...  here in the valley...  what with coffee and cats and pills and cable...  food around noon - not always breakfast but more along the lines of what I am hungry for.

Blogs come next as I decide what it is that I want to accomplish with each one and how far ahead in the schedule do I want to be...  so that I don't have to post something just so I can continue to say that I post daily; although, I am reconsidering that mindset what with my daily visitor numbers.

My Reflections blog for my poetry publishing has been around since 2009, over 12 years, so it has over 14,000 pageviews or about 1,000/year or  83/month or about 3/day.

And while my other 3 blogs have been around since 2019/2020 they are averaging about the same daily pageviews as Reflections so I have a small group of readers that enjoy reading what I want to write and/or share...  because I do share articles written by other people who are writing articles that appeal to me and don't want to take the time to research and write my own opinions; however, many of those ideas I have already research before I started posting articles on blogs.

Right now, posting articles on these 4 blogs keeps me busy during my retirement...  and if I did not have these blogs to maintain, I am not sure what I would be doing...  because I really don't have any other hobbies or interests...

I am writing novels as well but I am not sure if I am going to do anything with these novels like try to find a publisher.  That effort could be emotionally stressful and I am not confident that this is what I want to engage in at my age.

I am simply comfortable with who I am right now and no longer have to worry about being something else or trying to be something else as if I am not happy with who I am...  and, I am happy with who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment