Saturday, May 29

Mental Attributes of an Old Man

According to our online dictionary an attribute 
is...       a quality or feature regarded as a characteristic or inherent part of someone or something.

So...  a quality or feature which is actually a characteristic that has ALWAYS been a part of that person...  well... the only thing that really comes to mind here is the fact that I am always been an ASSHOLE more or less...  but would assume that it is more than less...

I have always been:
  • self-determined
  • stubborn
  • opinionated
  • sarcastic
  • withdrawn
  • introspective
  • carefree
  • reflective
  • lacking common sense
However, I am sure there are some positive attributes that I must possess otherwise how would I have ever lived as long as I have so far?  And, I am sure that my ex-wife would have something priceless to say about all of this...  which is why she is an ex-wife I suppose...  still, at one point-in-time I must have said and/or done something right to have gotten married in the first place.

It is odd sometimes, looking back on one's life and trying to interpret why it went this way or that way when it should have gone another way altogether...  but, one thing is solid about one's life, especially mine, and that is that it was not supposed to have evolved or unfolded any other way...  outside of the way it actually unfolded and evolved.

Sounds kind of silly in a way, but it is true.  I have become exactly what I was supposed to have become from the moment I was conceived without my permission.  And, because of that I am here and no one asked me if I wanted to be here...  which I think is completely unfair and perhaps unethical as well.

However, this life could always be an alternate reality and in the real reality of my life, I am someone similar but different, in how I became...  or worse I suppose...  but, I cannot really imagine how it could be worse...

Obviously, I don't think about this too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment