Tuesday, May 4

1967

In 1967, I was in my second year of college and had purchased a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible with my father who purchased a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback.  We got both cars for $6,000 each because we purchased two vehicles at the same time.  The contract I made with my father was to pay him back for the vehicle with monthly payments but without interest.  Even thought I was attending college, I worked full time in a Hosiery Factory dying socks.  My car was paid off by the time I graduated.

1967 was an interesting year for me...  because it started during the second semester of my Freshman year and ended after the first semester of my Sophomore year, neither of which were good semesters for me as far as being course-work entertaining.

In my second year in college, I moved off campus into a trailer with a classmate of mine that I had met that year...  even though I do not remember the circumstances under which we first met or became friends...  but, I had only 2 friends in college...  the second friend was an accounting major that after graduation became my CPA for 40 years.

I recall that about 20 miles away from the college I was attending was an all female university to which we drove to regularly and had no problems meeting other women in the local drinking place called THE APPLE CELLAR.  Actually, I think every college campus city has an apple cellar somewhere close by.  I met an Art Major there with whom I dated for the next several years...  She graduated before I did and moved out-of-town, never keeping in touch with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment