Friday, May 7

Paid For Not Working

I like the idea of receiving money from our Federal Government for not working...  my wife and I are in that situation now, getting paid Social Security for not working...  and, it is a damn good feeling to sleep as long as one wants, in my case shave whenever I want to, and work in the yard whenever I want to, watch cable on television whenever I want to, and do absolutely nothing whenever I want to...

Living in East TN, our combined SS just about pays our monthly expenses which is also predicated upon the fact that we have been debt free for 20 years, and due to our age, have all the clothes that we could possible ever need for the rest of our lives.  So, there are some mitigating circumstances that allows us to live like this...  understanding, if we were 20 years younger, it may/may not be that possible.

I also like the idea of THE FRIGGING WEALTHY paying for everything.  I understand that they worked somewhat for their money but once their money was earned, their cumulative interest was earned faster than they could spend it...  and, consequently, should be FORCED to take care of everyone else...  as if we were all their family members.

However, there are some wealthy family members that don't give a shit about the rest of the family and share as little of their money with the rest of the family as possible.

THE KEY TO DOING NOTHING in order to maintain proper mental health is to keep yourself busy...

BUT...  as far as our economy is concerned...  if people don't want to work because of receiving benefits from the government, then businesses cannot properly staff their organizations and actually conduct business the way business used to be conducted.  These businesses will be short staffed and the result will be customer dissatisfaction.

This will eventually cause the US to fall off the top of the mountain economically and no longer be a superior country...  This will leave China picking up the slack.  Once that happens, the US will have hell to pay trying to get it back...

DAMN...  I am glad I am retired and don't have to see much of this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment