Friday, March 12

Living Overseas

I saw an article on Google News where this person moved to a beach town in Thailand because he could live there on $2,500/month.  And...  as I read through the article, I got the impression how lucky he was to have found a place like that in which to live...  and, a beach town at that...

INTERESTLY...  and, somewhat disappointing I fear to this individual is the FACT that I live in East TN for $2,500/month as well and while I am not living in a beach town, I am living 30 minutes away from a University Hospital...

Of course, I have to pay IRS taxes and I am sure this person does not...  however, I would think the efficacy of THAILAND is less than the efficacy of East TN...  but, I could be wrong.

After traveling throughout Europe and seeing how those people live and what they have available to them, I cannot imagine that I would ever want to live outside the USA no matter how CHEAPLY living there can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment