Thursday, September 7

Eating Asian Again

There is an Asian restaurant 3 miles from the house next to Lowes and we go there once in a while for take out.  We always get Hibachi Chicken (2 dinners) with Wonton soup for me and an egg roll for my wife.  I usually get extra rice.  The total bill is $26 and some change.  They give you so much, that my wife and I make two meals out of it.


I will use the extra rice to mix with something else and that is usually two meals as well.  Six meals for $26 or about $4.30/meal.  For those eating on a budget this is a great deal not to mention the fact that it really tastes good.


While we do not patronize the Asian restaurant because of its price, the lower price helps over a long period of time as it helps us keep our average price for going out to eat lower.


Tomorrow, we will go to SAMS and probably get hotdogs and a drink for lunch.  Last time it was $1.30 for each of us.  More than likely, I will get a hotdog to go and mix it with my extra rice just to see if that combination is any good.


Our Hibachi chicken comes with cooked onions, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli in a dark broth that mixes well with the rice.  They also give us a shrimp sauce that is out of this world.  We always ask for extra.


What we have found over the years in order to maintain a healthy body weight is that it is not what you eat but how much you eat at any one time.  Some dieticians even recommend eating 5 small meals each day and no snacks.  However, we stopped eating red meat over 20 years ago...  If we do eat red meat it is a hamburger or a steak once or twice a year.


The last time I had a hamburger it was so long between the one I had eaten that it did not even taste good to me.  Of course, it might have been the grease it was cooked in.


This is exactly why we like Asian food because we never get tired of eating it and no matter how long it is between the times that we feast on Asian, it always tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment