Wednesday, September 27

Peace Through Strength

 This is not my message, but it was the message of former President Ronald Reagan...  actor turned politician.  


At the time, I was a Democrat and thought it was ludicrous to have a Hollywood actor become President of the United States.  However, he had been governor of California and that did not bother me too much...  but President...  that was going a little too far for me.


Over the years, I left the Democratic Party and became a conservative, not at Republican, because of the business angle that the conservatives represented.

  • Small Government
  • Less Taxes
  • Less Government Regulations
  • Strong Military
I still believe in those values, but they come with several drawbacks.
  • Less Social Programs
  • Corporate Power and Wealth
  • Marginal Wealth For Most Americans
  • Less Consumer Protection


However, after the debacle during the Korean and Vietnam Wars and our pullout from Afghanistan, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that our military strength is VITAL to global peace.

China has declared without any hesitation that they want to dominate the world both economically and militarily...  that is a non-acceptable possibility for a variety of reasons:
  1. China is a communist country
  2. Russia is a communist country
  3. North Korea is a communist country
  4. Iran favors communism over democracy
  5. Our global economy would suffer
  6. There would be an elimination of FREEDOM

While there are drawbacks with USA Democracy and all its freedoms and capitalism based upon a free-market enterprise system of commerce, our system provides its citizens with a vast array of opportunities not available in communist countries.

I do not like wars.
I do not like senseless killing.
I do not like the bombing of countries.
I do not like damage done to innocent people.

BUT COMMUNIST COUNTRIES ONLY UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT AND FEAR POWER...  and, it is that fear that will keep the world safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment