Saturday, September 30

For Over Thirty Years Now

I have been in a relationship that turned into a marriage where I do very little other than what I need to do around the house and want to do for my pleasure.


Let me explain:

  • My wife does all the shopping
  • My wife writes all the checks
  • My wife balances the check book
  • My wife plans out our vacations
  • My wife researches for new vehicles
  • My wife landscapes the yard outside
  • My wife decides on inside decor
  • My wife selects all appliances and furniture
  • My wife does all the cleaning
  • My wife does all the washing and ironing
  • My wife does all the interior painting

This not to say that she does not ask for my opinion because she does...  so, you could say we decide together, but my responses oftentimes are those she wants to hear.

The reason why she does all of this is because she says her work is better than mine.  Whether or not her work is, in fact, better than mine, is not the issue...  the issue is that she does it.

I am not in a female led relationship because she has no control over me sexually.  I do not sit at her feet waiting for her commands, nor do I share her body with anyone else.

Because she thinks she is better than a man, she does most of the work, they males have typically done in the past.

I mow the lawn and weed eat.  I carry stuff into the house and around the house that is too heavy.  I do all the driving on the interstate and in places where we have not been before...  BUT, when we are at Myrtle Beach, she does all the driving in town.  Not sure why or how that got started but it did.

I tell her that she can spend whatever it is that she wants to spend, just don't get us into debt without my agreement, and leave some money left over for me if and when I want to buy something.  I typically purchase my laptops and tablets but before I retired from working, I had a subscription to AUDIBLE so I could listen to books in the car while I was driving.

It seems like it is a lopsided agreement especially since most husbands manage the money.  Sometimes, the wife and husband will have their own bank accounts and contribute equally or proportionally to monthly expenses...  All of our money is in one checking account and one saving account.

Not all women want to be treated like this, but our arrangement has worked out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment