Friday, February 26

What I Learned From My Parents

First and foremost, my parents taught me to save money...  and, not just whenever possible but to put savings in the budget as a line item so to speak.

Second...  my parents taught me to eat everything on my plate, only order in restaurants that food which you are going to eat...  and, make sure leftovers are eaten before new food is prepared.

Third...  to put my faith in God and to live my life with my Christian Faith in my mind at all times.

Fourth...  never ask anyone to do anything that you could not do better yourself.

Fifth...  give 110% in everything that is done.

Sixth...  follow the Golden Rule:  do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Seventh...  stand by my convictions/integrity regardless of the outcomes and costs.

Eighth...   stay active in that the idle mind is the devil's workshop.

Ninth...  always have an appreciation for THE ARTS.

Tenth...  the knowledge gained from education is power.

My parents raised all of their children with a Democratic Party Focus and for most of my life, I was in fact, a Democrat in my beliefs and with my vote...  but, even since 1990 after I had been able  to use my MBA education for a decade, I was beginning to realize that the Democratic Party was violating many of the TEN POINTS by which we should live our lives.

On the other side of the coin, I did not agree with all of the politics of the Republican Party either and found myself seeing myself as a Conservative Liberal...

I believe the following:
  • every woman has the right to choose if she wants an abortion or not
  • every citizen has the right to own and bear as many firearms as s/he wants
  • every citizen has to right of free speech and/or freedom to worship
  • Every American has the right to have our borders protected from immigration
  • Our government should pay off its debt and not increase it
  • Our government should maintain a globally strong military
  • Our government should unnecessarily tax our corporations and businesses
  • Our government should regulate BIG TECH
  • Our government maintain a TWO PARTY SYSTEM
My parents were Democrats but I am not....  and, I will stand by my convictions and my integrity...  However, our biggest problem in America is the number of wealthy people that we have and the number of poor people that we have and that this gap is getting wider not smaller...  and, as our markets turn global, this divide will worsen...

Our country should have a quality of life for everyone...  BUT...  it is not our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT's responsibility to make sure that this happens...  that is not the role of government...  it is the responsibility of those who control and build our economy...

These leaders of our economy are the ones who LACK COMPASSION and EMPATHY and at the moment don't give a damn about doing anything about it...  They are more interested in profits than in people.



No comments:

Post a Comment