Friday, February 12

East TN Snow

NOWADAYS...  I don't particularly mind if it snows in this area or not, especially since I am retired and especially since I hardly go anywhere during the winter months other than doctor's appointments.  But sometimes, especially this year for some reason, it has snowed more in this area than what has been recently normal...  however, 30 years ago when I had first relocated to East TN, one could count on 2-3 winter snows each year, all of which would remain on the ground for 2-3 days before melting away.  For the last 15-20 years, these winter snows have reduced down to 1-2, all of which would remain on the ground 1-2 days...  our climate in this area has changed...  it has become MILDER.

Starting early in 2021, we have had several snows so far and it is only half way through February, but these snows melted away the very next day...  and in 1 or 2 cases, it was warm enough not to stick at all while it was falling, not on the road, ground, or trees which is rather unusual to say the least.

I cannot imagine any longer living in an area where the snow falls 1-2 feet deep or 3-5 feet deep and remains on the ground several days or even all winter.  As a child, I faintly recall LOVING the snow and can still imagine going outside (all bundled up) to play all day with my friends in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment