Tuesday, February 9

Rockin' in East TN

This third round of stimulus checks will give my wife and I either $600/person or up $1,400 per couple depending upon variables that are not totally clear to me at the time...   but, the money is coming....   and, to be quite BLUNT, neither my wife nor I NEED THE MONEY...  even though we are retired and living on Social Security...  we fortunately managed to SAVE MONEY while we were working and that saved money combined with Social Security will see up through until we are both 95 years of age...

And...  while Medicare and Humana Supplement does not pay for everything, we are still in a pretty solid financial situation because of family and friends but especially because of where we live...  here in East TN.

  • There is no BLM movement in East TN
  • There is no ANTIFA here in East TN
  • There is no white supremacists here in East TN
  • Schools are open here in East TN
  • Businesses are open here in East TN
  • Restaurants are open here in East TN
  • Climate is moderate here in East TN
  • Cost of living is lower here in East TN
My wife and I have been debt free for over 10 years now and it has had a dramatic influence on our finances and budget.  We saved money for future cars with the understanding that we would soon go to having only one vehicle...  Our last two vehicles were paid for in cash and were not bought new but were leased vehicles with low mileage.

My 2015 VENSA for example was a year old when purchased and had just a few miles over 5,000 miles when I purchased it.

I can have a perfectly cooked 8 ounce salmon with broccoli and a baked potato for $13 before taxes, right around $20 with taxes, unsweetened tea, and a tip...  which is about what it costs for me to fill up my gas tank with gasoline.     

When the third round of the stimulus checks are received via direct deposit, we will simply transfer the monies over to savings and continue with our lives as if nothing was received at all.

My wife and I feel fortunate that by the time our national debt grows to the point that our government will finally pay attention to it, that it will be future generates that will be forced to BITE THE BULLET, not US...  And, while this may sound a little selfish...  it is nonetheless true as neither political party wants to deal with the growing debt.



No comments:

Post a Comment