Thursday, February 18

Limbaugh Dead @ 70

CONSERVATIVES but not LIBERALS mourn the loss of Conservative Talk Show Host Rush Limbaugh at age 70 after a year long battle with lung cancer.  However, when he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he was already in Stage IV so very little could have been done anyway.

Rush is a victim of what most Americans do, ESPECIALLY MALES, and that is not to admit that they are sick in any way until it is is too late.  Steve Jobs did that very same thing...

What is it about our culture that males do not want to admit that they are weak and vulnerable?

When I was 40 years old, I stopped smoking cigarettes and gave up all forms of alcohol except the once or twice obligatory glass of wine at Christmas Dinners...

WHY?

Because I wanted to intentionally AVOID any and all cancers associated with tobacco and alcohol and whenever I would get together with males who were drinking and/or smoking, I was referred to as not being MACHO.

I really didn't give a crap what they thought...  my main concern was my future health.  AND...  while I am not wealthy nor do I have nothing of valuable to contribute to society and no reason to live except to experience God's Creation...  I do want to live as long as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment