Tuesday, December 15

Our Voices Are Never Heard

To make the claim that I am white trash would be giving me a complement even though my parents wanted a better life for me...  as they raised me middle class with middle class values and integrity but I threw that all away as soon as I was old enough to leave home and make it on my own.  I spent some time in college and in the military and fulfilled all my obligations both to my country and to myself and spent enough time in Churches to know all the main sermons and lectures and while I cannot hold a tune, I did my best at being polite while everyone else was singing.

I paid my taxes every year like a good citizen and voted in elections until I realized that our vote and beliefs made no difference to career politicians...  as they were going to let the country go where it wanted to go until someone bitched about the treatment...  and, the first to bitch were the African Americans who used slavery as a race card...  pointing out quite vividly that racism is systemic in America...  and, when something is systemic it is damn near impossible to remove even once the government makes it illegal to be a racists.

  • Racism just does not live in the bellies of white folks.
  • Racism lives in the minds of the blacks as well.
  • Racism lives in the pocketbooks of the wealthy.
  • Racism lives in the hearts and souls of the poor.
  • Racism is not just cultural it is socio-economic
BUT...  to white trash like myself...  what does it matter anymore?

OUR CREATOR MADE US ALL SIMILAR BUT DIFFERENT WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT SOME WOULD BE BETTER THAN OTHERS...  it is in their DNA...

AND...  it really does not matter how I was born or into what class in like...  what matters is how I ended up and what class I am in now and will forever be until I die.

  • I am not wealthy
  • I am not athletic
  • I am not gifted and talented
  • I don't have a photographic memory
  • I am not a talented actor
  • I am not a talented musician
  • I am not a good public speaker
  • I am not a good listener
  • I have nothing of value to offer anyone
God made thousands perhaps millions of us like this all over the world...  we are the ones that follow others because we do not have the instincts to lead ourselves.  We have no special skills...   and, little desire to make ourselves better...  we simply exist and pay our bills and try to enjoy the limited life we have been given.
  • We are invisible to politicians
  • We are invisible to the courts
  • We are invisible to the legislative
  • We are white and cannot use slavery as our crutch
  • We pay our bills on time and live simply
  • We live in houses that have the same square footage as mobile homes
  • We don't protest in the streets, riot, or loot
  • We keep our heads down and do as we are told
  • We are never thanked or appreciated
  • We are never rewarded for our behavior
  • We die alone and without fanfare
  • NO ONE MISSES US AFTERWARDS...  it is like we were never here...

No comments:

Post a Comment