Sunday, December 13

Morning Coffee Routine Forever and Ever Amen


Sundays...  are special days...  religious days for some...  relaxing days for others...  while some see Sundays as just the ending to a nice long or short week...  and, the last day before we have to being all over again...

Being retired and no longer in the so called "rat race," I see Sundays as a day of reflection whether it be spiritual or not because it seems like I am always involved in some sort of spiritual reflection every day of the week.

Just like when I was working, all my days started with coffee, but my coffee was either consumed in haste because I needed to go or consumed while driving to work in a car...  as where I worked all my life, I never needed to use public transportation.

But...  my days typically started differently than most...  because I would get dressed and drive to McDonalds at 5:00 am and drink several cups of coffee slowly as I wrote in my journals.  I was there about an hour or so maybe 90 minutes, then I would return home, shower and get dressed for work...

Being retired, I no longer need to get up that early and drive to McDonalds but I do drink several cups of coffee while continuing to write in my journals.

However, my coffee is no longer regular but decaf and instead of drinking it straight, I put in two spoons of sugar free Cappuccino Mix even though once it is mixed up, it never tastes like the "real thing."





 

No comments:

Post a Comment