Saturday, December 12

Less Than Two Weeks Away and...

It is Saturday once again in the Valley of East TN, and yesterday I finished all my fall activities outside when I cut back (some might say severely) my Japanese Maple back to 1/4 to 1/3 its pre-cutting size but only after it had shed all its leaves.  It took me a couple of hours as I tried very carefully not to get poked by any cut branches as I am on Xarelto and bleed like a gutted hog.

The temps are in the 60's for the rest of this week even though the days start out below the 40's and for me it is difficult to venture outside when it is cold nowadays...  I like warmer weather but not with a high humidity.

As I was sitting on my front porch watching the cars go by which in my location is really not many (but it gives me something to do), I finally realized since I have not been watching much television these days and thereby inundated with commercials that we are less than two weeks away from Christmas.

And...  this got me to thinking a tad...  when Thanksgiving rolled around about a month ago, even though my health is poor but better than some that I had a whole hell of a lot for which to be thankful, the least of which was the fact that I was still above ground.

But...  Christmas is a different kind of holiday and instead of being thankful when become mindful of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ...   however, Christian beliefs are no longer shared by MOST AMERICANS and yet we still hypocritically celebrate the holiday by giving gifts and going on vacations...   and, if we are not really Christians and not really celebrating our beliefs, then WHY THE HELL ARE WE EXCHANGING GIFTS?

So...  let me see if I can understand this...   we don't believe in Jesus and even though this is his birthday celebration, we are giving gifts anyway...

Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists must really think that we are STUPID...  STUPID...  STUPID...

AND...  the sad part about all of this is the fact that the NON CHRISTIANS exchanging gifts because of a religious birth do not think they are being hypocritical because they do not attend church services on Christmas Eve nor do they offer prayers before eating their meals....  and these damn non Christians will go heavily in debt buying gifts to exchange for a religious holiday about which they do not believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment