Saturday, December 19

Not Motivated By Greed

I am not a billionaire

I am not a millionaire

Over my lifetime, I saved $500,000

I have no money invested in the Markets

My wife and I earn $3,000 from Social Security

Our house is paid for

Our vehicles are paid for

We have no debt

Until the COVID pandemic, my wife and I went on 4-6 vacations each year for a week and our vehicles have never been purchased new but rented for a year by a business with mileage between 5,000 to 10,000...

We have more than enough clothes, for all seasons, to last us for the next 20 plus years and if we were more wealthy I am not sure what we would do with that extra money.

We don't want or need a bigger house and lawn nor do we have any desire to pay someone to maintain and clean.

We don't need more expensive vehicles or than the two we already have nor do we need to take more vacations because both of us are getting to the point, where we do not like to sleep for too many days somewhere else.

I suppose that we could fly places instead of driving which has its advantages...  no doubt...  or, even fly in private jets if our monies were sufficient enough...  but, we have done that with members of our family and it is very convenient but not something that we need to do.

We have a basement full of items that we thought we needed and purchased and played with them for a few years then lost interest...  so, that game need not be played again.

We have been to the big cities of Atlanta, Washington DC,  Dallas, San Antonio, Las Vegas, New York City, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Hawaii, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, New Orleans, Denver, Baltimore, Charleston, and Myrtle Beach and believe me...  we much prefer our small town, rural city life here in East TN.


My wife and I have just enough money (and then some) to pay our monthly bills and for the most part do whatever it is that we want to do and in so doing, at least so far, we want for nothing and are not envious at all of those who have money and spend their hours doing much, much more.  

While I was working, we installed a pool and a fairly large deck around it and almost against the house we poured concrete and located a 6 person hot tub with numerous jets to massage my back and shoulders.  Our acre lot keeps our neighbors close but not that close...  and, in the summer time, there are very few people in this community who spend any time at all outside.

We are 40 minutes from Gatlinburg and the Great Smokey Mountains and 90 minutes from Cherokee and Native American Gambling.  We are 40 minutes away from a 30 minute flight to Atlanta.  The University of TN Medical Center is a 30 minute drive from our front door and like all good University Medical Centers uses the latest in FDA approved research.

Their doctors come from the MAYO Clinic, MD Anderson, Sloan Kettering and their education has been received from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Duke just to name a few.




No comments:

Post a Comment