Sunday, December 6

A Heavy Fog Descends

FOG has descended in my part of East TN...  a heavy fog for that matter and not mental at all, although I have experienced that a time or two during my lifetime.  I watched it increase in intensity as I looked outside my window seeing what could be seen this morning...  while drinking coffee...  of course, which is a natural remedy for morning fatigue...  or, at least it used to be.

My neighbor's house, I cannot see, nor can I see the Magnolia trees just to the right of my field of vision which I know are still there because I saw them no more than fifteen minutes ago while standing at the window, making my first cup of coffee...  it takes 3 cups ya know to fill up a YETI.

There is no sky that I can see nor is there a horizon where a horizon used to be and there are no bearings on which to fix my position other than the objects inside this house which the fog has not yet disturbed...  at least so far...  but, one never knows for sure especially if I were to open the door and encourage the fog to enter...   would it accept my offer?

How foolish I am being this morning about this fog especially since from where it came, I do not know and if I said I do not care, what then would you think of me?  That I have no feelings at all for a disturbance of nature...  or, perhaps, I don't care for nature at all which seems a little silly since I live out in the country and not in any of our disturbed cities.

The fog makes it appear that the end is near...  and, that nothing else matters except for what we cannot see as the fog continues to block our vision in all directions...  outside the windows north and south, outside the porches east and west...   and, above or below I cannot see because of my roof and floor but I suspect if I could see in those directions, the fog would be there too.

Our cats have not noticed the heavy fog and for that I am relieved because if there were to be sitting at the windows, all they would see is a white darkness behind which nothing exists...  at least in their minds that might be so since they have no imagination, no fantasies, or dreams with which to compare what they might have been seeing.


A heavy fog remains and I wonder for how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment