Sunday, October 4

OFTENTIMES... I wonder about his contradiction...

After spending over 3 decades (at least) attending Church Services on Sundays, I pretty know the MAJOR SERMONS that are typically preached even though some ministers approach them a little differently to target either an older or younger congregation.

But, I did not get a full understanding of what was going on with these sermons until I read the Bible from cover-to-cover, taking notes and writing down questions along the way.

One area that still causes me concern is the way we PRAY.

Jesus told us to use THE LORD's PRAYER when praying to HIS FATHER.

St. Augustine gives the following analysis of the Lord's Prayer, which elaborates on Jesus' words just before it in Matthew's gospel: "Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Pray then in this way" (Mt. 6:8-9).  SOURCE:  Wikipedia

SO...
why then do so many ministers, pastors, and priest pray differently than what was asked of them, especially when THIS ASK was ASKED BY JESUS???

That has always bothered me...

But, no one has provided me with any plausible explanation.





No comments:

Post a Comment