Sunday, October 11

EVERY TIME


Every time something negative or financial happens to my wife and I, something positive always takes place to offset what happened...

For example, when our hot tub died, and we had to get a technician out here 3 times to install parts and fix the new damage, that expense was offset by receiving a STIMULUS CHECK from our Federal Government which we did not need financially to pay our monthly expenses...

When my melanoma migrated very aggressively to my groin and my doctors were extremely concerned that my time had time, the treatment of immunotherapy and radiation worked PERFECTLY on my body, successful killing the progression...

When my investment stopped producing income, I realized that my cancer insurance payments would  cut those reductions from our savings in half...

I am not financially well off, in fact my greatest annual salary was $50,000 and that only last 9 months because I left my job prematurely....  but throughout my life, downsides have always been followed with upsides as I have managed to skate through life relatively unharmed...

So today...   I am retired...  and, been retired for over 5 years and while my retirement income is modest, my wife and I continue to live a productive life in that we do pretty much what we want to do...  at least we did until COVID arrived...  now, our lives have been severely curtailed as we for the most part remain at home...

She reads and I write and we both allow each other their space as we live just as comfortably as we did when we both were working...  In that, we are, have been, and continue to be blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment