Thursday, October 1

I Done Had Two of Them Thwangs...

Being an English Major in College, I pay attention more than normal I suppose to how people talk and sometimes how they write but since talking is more readily available than writing, it is more on my mind.

Today, at the doctor's office, patients were asked a series of questions before they were allowed to enter and one of those questions was:  Have you had a COVID test?  And, the following response caught my attention...  "I done had two of them thwangs."

I did not eves drop on the rest of the conversation because my name was called by the nurse and I left the lobby, heading towards one of their exam rooms.  But, the comment remained on my mind which prompted all kinds of other thoughts and recollections regarding:
  • this person's appearance
  • how this person was dressed
  • was this person clean shaven
  • did this person have long hair
  • did he appear to have followed proper hygiene
  • how old was this person
My thoughts changed to being a doctor and having to deal with all sorts of patients in all sorts of situations day-after-day, week-after-week, month-after-month, year-after-year, and decade-after-decade...  I am not sure if I have or would have had the personality to deal with something like that for 45-50 years and more.

AND...  to be quite honest, it is difficult not to see yourself as BETTER THAN THAT when one comes across another person who talks like that.  Of course, in God's eyes we are all equal or at least that is what is stated in the Bible and yet, I also have come across some "holy rollers" who consider themselves to be better than everyone else because they are "holy rollers."  I doubt if God would have approved.

BUT, outside of GOD'S DOMAIN, it is obvious that we are not all EQUAL and will never be EQUAL simply because of the various combinations of our DNA.
  • We have tall ones and short one
  • We have thin ones and fat ones
  • We have smart ones and dumb ones
  • We have athletic ones and non-athletic ones
  • We have musical ones and non-musical ones
  • We have sick ones and healthy ones


NO MATTER WHAT THE CONGRESS LEGISLATES AND THE GOVERNMENT MANAGES AND THE JUDICAL RULES OVER, WE WILL NEVER BE EQUAL IN MAN'S EYES...

No comments:

Post a Comment