Saturday, February 11

Not Even An Amateur Chef Am I

My wife decided that when she retired at age 62 in 2015, that she was no longer cooking us meals except at Thanksgiving and Christmas...  that if I wanted to continue to eat, that I was going to have to cook for myself...  obviously, that is what I did...


Since 2015, I have made and cooked:

  • Soups
  • Spaghetti Sauce w/noodle
  • Lansagna
  • Cakes & Pies
  • Cookies
  • Coffee Cakes
  • Granola
  • Stuffed Peppers & Potatoes

There might be more general areas but I have temporarily had a brain freeze and cannot remember.

Recently I had an idea of trying to make a fully loaded Hotdog soup.
  • A can of diced potatoes
  • 2 hotdogs
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Sweet Pickles
  • Onions
  • Chili Powder
  • Shredded Cheese
Cut it up, put into pot, cooked to soften then blended it up with a Ninja submersible blender and added the cheese and let it simmer for about 30 more minutes.

It tasted just like I was eating a hotdog...

My next thought was...   would it be possible to freeze the soup...  then remove all the water...  what I had left would be a powder...  then add that to water and recreate the soup???

My next food soup will be a cheeseburger soup with ketchup, mayo, bacon, lettuce, tomatoe, and an onion.

If I ever do try that, I will let you know how it turns out...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment