Wednesday, May 22

Live and Let Live

 

For those of you who have not been following this blog very long, let me share with you that I have had a blog up and running since before 2009 with a lifelong friend of mine who had since died of colon cancer.  It was called, We Were Just Wondering.  My poetry blog, Reflections:  White Scorpion was started in 2009 and this blog, My Writing Journal was started in 2020.


I am keenly aware that my readership is low because no everyone likes the topics that I post or appreciates the layout of my blog.  It is here that I would like to say that I DON'T WRITE OR POST OR DESIGN FOR YOU BUT FOR ME!!!


The year 2015 marked the year that my wife and I retired, and my blogs are attended to each day, so that I have something to do with my time.  I also watch FOX News, exclusive series on HULU, Netflix and Prime, write novels, exercise, pretend at being a chef, work outside, and travel.


My physical abilities are not like they used to be since I have had a heart attack, had 5 lower back disks fused, and have been treated for two different kinds of cancer for over 15 years.


My opinions are not accepted by many people - never have been.  In the 1960s with my hair below my shoulders, I was a liberal who did not give two shits about the law or any type of authority.  I experimented with drugs, never got addicted, and attended Woodstock.


Today, I am a LIBERAL CONSERVATIVE and am all about small government, a strong military, closed borders, and I am in favor of legalizing drugs and believe abortion is a right.  I don't want a lot of taxes.  I don't want the government telling me what to do.  I am NOT INTO WOKE - BLM - CRT and while I am against slavery, I am not responsible for what my relatives may or may not have done.


I think that anyone who needs to earn over $250,000 a year in salary is full of shit and is not worth that amount of money.  This includes athletes, Hollywood celebrities, and musicians.  There is nothing wrong with making a profit, but no one needs to have 100 million dollars or more.


Since my thoughts have not been adopted then I say, LIVE AND LET LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment