Tuesday, May 28

Do Overs

 

A family member asked me a few weeks ago, if there is any part of my life that I wish I had a chance to REDO...  my answer was a quick NO!


This family member was hoping that I would have said YES...  I would not have gotten a divorce...  and secondly, I would not have been so hateful towards my siblings...


Of course, this do over was not really for me but for this family member who thought I had made a terrible mistake...


Over the weeks that this question was asked, I continued to think about my response.  The more I thought about it, the more I decided that if I had a chance to do over that part of my life, I would not have gotten married in the first place so there would have been no divorce.


At 76 years of age, I look back and see that my life has been FULL OF MISTAKES, roads not taken, and choices not made.  But to change any of that would be to change who I am today.  I am who I am today BECAUSE of all the things I did not do that maybe I should have done.


This also presupposes that I don't like who I am today and that is wrong because I do like who I am.  While I may not be full of wisdom, I am full of experiences that many people simply did not have.  It does not make me better or worse, just different.

  • I am glad I am not poor.
  • I am glad I am not wealthy.
  • I am glad I am not a billionaire.
Each one of these would have changed who I am today.  I have just enough to live like I want to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment