Wednesday, November 30

ITT Course Writer & NIIT Course Designers

 From 2001/2002 until 2009/2010, I worked for ITT Technical Institute in a variety of positions from instructor to department chair to associate dean to dean.  While I was department chair, I was designated as a course writer for Technical Project Management and working with NIIT Course Designers from New Delhi, India designed 8 courses in Project Management that revolved around the PMBOK.


While I worked for ITT full time, I was also receiving compensation from NIIT as a course writer.  What was interesting was the fact that they hired me based upon the recommendation of ITT Corporate...  but, I would like to think that I was also hired because I had am MBA with a focus in Product Management which was the precusor to Project Management.


What was also interesting for me was the fact that we conducted our meeting via computer and telephone at 5:00 am in the morning my time which was approximately 5:00pm in the afternoon New Delhi, India time.  The people with whom I worked at NIIT were the most professional people I have ever worked with along with being personable and friendly.


What was odd for them was trying to understand how some American businesses and corporations actually worked, rather than how they were supposed to work in textbooks.  The biggest concern that I recall was realizing that there were people in a company in high positions who would sabotage a company project so that a co-worker would look bad to the CEO so that the saboteur would look good.


The employees of NIIT just could not believe that Americans would do that to their own companies.


Before I left ITT, I remember thinking that I would rather work for NIIT than ITT and wished that the organization had not been so far away.



No comments:

Post a Comment