Thursday, November 24

For What Might You Be Thankful?

 It is so easy to live our lives like we do and have no thoughts in our heads as to that for which we might be thankful...

That unawareness can continue for years perhaps decades until something happens where we experience something that gives us pause and starts us thinking about a shortened life span.

For me, it was a couple of issues that did not take place until the age of 60...

  • diagnosed with cancer
  • experienced a severe heart attack

While my heart attack was corrected with diet, exercise, and stents, my cancer has been an on-going monthly reminder.

For 170+ consecutive months, I have had constant reminders that I have cancer and that at any point in time my cancer could turn aggressive and my life becomes terminal...

Now what might you think I could be grateful for...  and on a regular basis?

I am in my 15th year of surviving on-going cancer treatments...  so, I am thankful for:

  • still being alive
  • still having faith
  • still having my mind
  • still having my thoughts
  • still being able to cook
  • still being able to write
  • still being able to see a sunset or sunrise
  • still being able to enjoy a cappuccino
  • still being able to play with cats
  • still being able to walk around the block


No comments:

Post a Comment