Monday, November 21

Having Goals to be Successful



Is it necessary to have goals?

Only if you want to be successful...

What is success?

It varies with people's attitudes...
For instance:
some think it is a big paycheck
some think it is a big office
some think it is power or position
some think it is buying whatever you want
some think it is a big house
some think it is an expensive car

What does it mean to have goals?

Having goals is nothing more than having a plan.

For instance:
  • I want to finish high school and join the military...  probably the Air Force as that might be the least dangerous for enlisted personnel.
  • I want to move up the ranks from E1 to E9
  • I want to retire after 20 years
  • I will start saving $2.50/day at age 20 and at the end of each month, I will put it in a mutual fund
  • I want to take the skill I learn and acquire a job with those skills for another 20 years that has some sort of pension
  • I need 40 quarters of outside of the military to qualify for Social Security
  • I will work for 40 years and retire for good at 58 with 2 retirements
  • At 67, I will apply for Social Security and have 3 retirements
  • At age 67, I will liquidate my mutual fund and collect $500,000
  • Estimated Retire Income
    • Military - $2,000/month
    • Second Job - $2,000/month
    • Social Security - $1,500/month
    • $500,000 Interest - $2,000/month
    • Total Montly Income - $7,500

SO...
Having goals will put you in a position to be successful in many ways...  and, with the above example, there is no borrowing money for college...  you don't have to go to college to be successful...
If you have a burning desire for college, you have 20 years in the military to attend college and the MILITARY WILL PAY FOR ALL OF IT...  University of Phoenix was specifically designed for people in the military.

BUT...  not to have goals means you will flounder and not get anywhere until you realize how important goals really are...

In the end, the choice is always YOURS...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment