Saturday, September 24

Heading in the Wrong Direction


All my life...  I have headed into the wrong direction...  and, while I have tried to blame this approach on my parents, it was my parents who actually enlightened me with their rhetoric...


"Don't go down this path..." they would warn and caution.  "As it is filled with obstacles, barriers, and unseen pitfalls."   And, I would look at them with curiosity because that is the direction I wanted to go...  I did not want to go down the same path that everyone else walked because it was comfortable and there was little resistence.  This other path that I wanted to take was created from the mistakes that everyone before me had made...  they cleared the way for me...  or, so they claimed.  It was a good ole boy system of you rub my back and I'll rub yours.


BUT...  I saw it as nothing more than kissing one's ass to get ahead...  and, I had no desire to do that or have my ass be kissed in the process...


So, I rebelled and took the other path.  And boy, did I get beat upon...  and, it did not let up throughout my 45 year career...  and when I finally retired at 67, I literally detested the workplace and especially management because of their arrogance and holier than thou attitudes...  and this included Christian Colleges and Universities where I worked...  sometimes these were worse than the non-christian places.


I concluded that these places were not run by Christians at all but by BARBARIANS that used the cloak of faith to hide their true feelings and behaviors.


Having made it through...   I am now retired and financially comfortable even with all this inflation simply because I spent my entire life saving.


Am I heading in the right direction now???

I have no frigging idea!!!


But, I am comfortable with my life and comfortable with who I am and comfortable with what I do each day...  I am never bored or disappointed...  except with the government...  and, I am wise enough to realize that there is not a damn thing I can do about it...  politicians come and go while some politicians remain and do nothing but protect their jobs and way of life.  In the process the become wealthy and live as they never lived before....  however, in the end, they all DIE just like I will die and everyone else will die as well...  it is just some will die sooner than they are supposed to, still we will all die eventually...  that is the reality of existence.


Existence is the reality of evolution and evolution is the reality of progress...  technology helps with that progress and right now is pushing us into a direction from which there is no return...  perhaps you see that negatively or perhaps you see that positively...   regardless...  it is happening.


Electric Vehicles with charging stations and increased wait time while they are being charged...

Robots with Artificial Intelligence will replace most of our professional and non-professional jobs in the next decade...

The wealthy will become wealthier, the poor will be able to lift up their heads a little higher and the middle class will gradually be non-existent as technology changes the complexion of all societies...

Government will be put into positions to take care of more and more residents because of all these robot workers and the lack of jobs...


In 20 years or so, I will be dead, and the rest of you will be FORCED to live with the UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES of progress, technology, going green, and doing nothing about the growing economic and military threat coming from CHINA.


ARE YOU GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION?

No comments:

Post a Comment