Sunday, November 26

Cold, Flu, or Whatever

The day before the day before Thanksgiving, I woke up with a scratchy throat.  At the same time, I noticed that my sinuses had been draining more than normal for the last two weeks.  Neither symptom, I paid any attention to.


The day before Thanksgiving, I again woke up with a scratchy throat and draining sinuses.  Thanksgiving Day, again the same thing and maybe a TAD (whatever that means) worse.  I ignored the symptoms and enjoyed my Thanksgiving meal and play in Sevierville that we went to.


The day after Thanksgiving, my sore throat was much worse as was my draining nose and I felt like I had the flu or was getting over the flu.  I drank hot vanilla cappuccino drinks that seemed to ease my hurting throat but my nose was like a water faucet.


Saturday, the symptoms were worse and I did the same thing that I had done the day before which seemed to work.  However, on Sunday (today) it was much worse and I went through a box of tissue and my flu like symptoms were worse.  I did not have a headache but I did not get off the couch unless I absolutely had to because that caused me to cough even more.


I began taking cough medicine and have decided that I am going to the CLINIC tomorrow when it opens at 1:00pm.  The clinic is in the same building as my family physician, but you do not need an appointment.


I am hoping for a shot and then a prednisone pack which means by the middle of the week I should be back to my normal self.


CONCERN:  With my history of cancer treatments and since I am currently without an immune system and have anemia, I get fairly concerned any time something like this happens.  I don't think I waited too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment