Sunday, November 19

A Special Kind of Chili

When my wife and I retired in 2015, she informed me that she was no longer cooking and if I wanted to eat, I needed to cook my own meals.  She does cook a Thanksgiving dinner.


I am not a chef, don't intend to be a chef, and don't like following recipes which is not a particularly smart trait to have.


The foundation of most everything I cook involves:

  • Onions
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Bell Peppers
  • Mushrooms
  • Black Pepper
  • Virgin Olive Oil

Today, I have decided to make my own version of chili.  I will start with the basics listed above and to that I will add:
  • Navy Beans
  • Lentils
  • Corn
  • Diced Turkey Burgers
  • Diced Tomatoes
  • A package of Chili mixture

I have something already prepared for lunch today which is a soup I made with potatoes, lima beans, corn, and onions.   It is ok but not great.  I used water instead of a broth which was a mistake.

My chili soup will not be prepared and cooked until later in the day, long after this posting.  So, I will need to let you know Monday how it went.  If I remember I take some pictures with my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment