Thursday, June 2

Goals and Purpose


Life is about goals and purpose...

  • Goals are something that one wants to achieve....
  • Purpose comes with achieving those goals...

Some people believe that Goals and Purpose are mutually exclusive and for some, I suppose they are...  but, that does not mean they are mutually exclusive for everyone.

Some of us believe that purpose can only be of a religious or spiritual nature and while that may be true for many, it is not true for all...
A religious or spiritual purpose is brought about because we believe that we were created by God and that God only creates things for a purpose...
While this makes sense...  it does not mean it is the absolute truth.
  • Some people may think that their purpose is to learn everything they can.
  • Some people may think that their purpose is to earn as much money as they can.
  • Some people may think that their purpose is to do no harm to anyone.
  • Some people may think that their purpose is to become devoid of desire.

I have a purpose that I am supposed to accomplish something, although I have no idea what that something may be...  I don't know if that something yet to be accomplished is spiritual or not or if it might be connected to some evil or wrongdoing...  I'm not sure that I'll know it even when it is happening...  even though I hope that I would.

So, would this still be considered to have a purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment