Friday, March 25

On Being White

I am a white male, the son of two white parents (one female-one male), and as far as I am concerned, even though both my parents are dead, I will remain white until the day that I die.  I would like to also mention that I did not ask for my mother to give birth to me nor did I ask my parents to fornicate with each other in the hopes that I would be born.  While this is a statement of fact, it does not influence the enjoyment that I have experienced because my mother gave birth to me.


However, what bothers me is being referred to as CAUCASIAN or as a NON HISPANIC WHITE...  these classifications are simply bullshit in my mind...

I am a white
We have Mexican whites
We have Italian whites
We have Greek whites
We have Russian whites
We have European whites

You can be yellow, brown, black, mixed, red, or whatever color that your heart desires but you cannot take my color which is white...

I can no longer be a tanned white because of my Melanoma which has a tendency to grow if I spend too much time outside without sunscreen or UV-rated clothes...  it's just one of those things that happened to me and I really don't blame anyone as I suppose it is just the luck of the draw...

I don't much care for the BLM movement and the reason that I don't much care for them or CRT is the fact that I never saw them as anything other than equals until these two movements started...  Now, I see them in an adversarial relationship as they attempt to BLAME ME for what some other white person did...  HELL, I wasn't even born yet, when slavery was taking place in this frigging country...

I dated black females/women in high school and college and as a young adult...  went to their homes, went to their churches, went to their parties...  I had black male friends in high school and college, in the military, and throughout my career and spent a lot of time outside of work doing all sorts of things with them as well...

BUT NOW I WOULD NOT TOUCH ONE OF THEM WITH A TEN-FOOT POLE...

Before I saw everyone as my brother and as my sister but more importantly I saw everyone as an AMERICAN...

NOW I SEE EVERYONE AS EITHER WHITE OR SOME OTHER COLOR...

No comments:

Post a Comment