Monday, March 7

My Biased Views

1977 was when this caricature was drawn for me by a local NC artist...  I was 30 years old...  that was 44 years ago...  I kept my stache for several years then I got over the need for facial hair...  mainly because everyone was doing it...  I also started cutting my hair short once everyone was growing their hair long...  that's just the kind of person I am...  I try not to be like everyone else...  and, in so doing, I don't have many friends...  but, I am honest to myself and have my own integrity...

I am a Christian, but I do not attend institutionalized religion churches...  and, it is not because of all the hypocrisy that I see inside those walls but because those who preach to me...  don't really teach me anything...  I learned more about faith and religion but reading the Bible cover-to-cover myself.

I survived the 1960's and I survived Woodstock but I have not survived the music of the 60's and 70's because lyrics aren't even close to the lyrics of those decades...  we have become intellectually ignorant and have no desire to show that in our music...  so it reflects this emptiness.  I am a Vietnam Veteran but I don't believe in wars, nor do I own a firearm even though I have the right to do so.

I hold a BA in English and an MBA with a focus in Strategic Planning but my entire 45 year career had nothing to do with either of those two degrees.  I made above average grades but no one ever asked to see my transcripts before hiring me, including educational institutionals who had hired me to teach.  Just another form of hypocrisy.

I have no student debt because I used the GI Bill to pay for my education.  In fact, I have no debt at all and have been debt free for over 15 years.  I use a credit card but I always pay it off before any interest is added.

"I"...  "I"...  "I"...  how else do you expect me to share who I am or who I am not?

My thoughts will, for the most part, be controversial as I like to get people to think and I like to rock the boat.  Thinking outside the box is the key to intellectual growth...  so, let's start with this...

I believe in GOD but only as an extraterrestrial...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment