Thursday, September 16

Stuffed Peppers

The flavors you love in traditional stuffed peppers are all here in this easy Stuffed Pepper Skillet. You can have this satisfying meal on the table in 30 minutes!



I’m a stuffed pepper lover from way back. My mom made them on a regular basis so the flavors hold so much nostalgia for me. I’ve cooked lots of yummy variations, like my Mexican Stuffed Peppers. But honestly, they aren’t on regular rotation in my kitchen because they take a little more time than I typically have to give most weeknights. Enter these fabulous “unstuffed peppers”.

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
This easy ground beef recipe is ready in about 30 minutes.
Everything cooks in one skillet which means easy cleanup.
It includes wholesome, easy to stock ingredients.
It is hearty and satisfying.
The flavors are family-friendly, even for little ones who don’t think they love bell peppers.



INGREDIENTS LIST
  1. Olive oil
  2. Ground beef – I use 90% lean ground beef.
  3. Onion – Sweet yellow onion is my favorite for this recipe.
  4. Minced garlic – Either fresh or the jarred variety will work just fine.
  5. Tomato paste
  6. Bell pepper – I like to use a combination of red and green peppers for that traditional stuffed pepper flavor. Keep in mind that if your kiddos are unsure of their feelings about bell peppers (or dead set against them), you might have more luck with red, yellow, and/or orange peppers which are sweeter and milder than green.
  7. Fire roasted diced tomatoes
  8. Rice – Long grain white rice, like Jasmine rice.
  9. Low sodium beef broth
  10. Worcestershire sauce
  11. Fresh parsley – I’m a fan of old school curly parsley. It’s inexpensive and works well in this recipe.
  12. Seasoning – Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
  13. Cheese – A mixture of shredded pepper Jack cheese and sharp cheddar cheese.

TO FIND OUT HOW TO COOK THESE STUFFED PEPPERS, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment