Monday, September 20

Watching and Waiting

Not too often do I sit out here on my screened-in back porch when it is humid and my body no longer tolerates it...  but on a day like today when the humidity is low, I spemd all morning out here, surfing on the web, listening to music, or watching the hummingbirds feast and fight at the feeders we have put outside around our deck before flying south for the winter...  Male hummingbirds have a red band around their necks while females do not...  and typically males fly south before the females do.

This morning I am watching a chubby female sit on the top of the metal bar that is holding the feeder fighting off other females from feeding at her feeder...  which is rather amazing because we have 3 feeders out back and one on our porch in the front of the house...  so there is plenty to go around.  But, she appears determined.

For breakfast, I fried an egg, toasted an English Muffin, cooked a vege sausage, and used one slice of Mozzarrella cheese to make my sandwich that I ate outside on the deck as I continued to watch the hummingbirds. Breakfast for the last several days had been 1/2 of an omelette and I just did not want to go to all that trouble.

For lunch, I will probably cook a couple of turkey dogs for a minute in the microwave, put some Dijon mustard on a Pita along with some coldslaw and eat it overtop of a towel because it is gonna be messy...  at least it was the two other times I made this sandwich.

For dinner, I will have my last bowl of white beans, broccoli, and rice that will also be heated up in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.  When I make a dish, I usually make enough to last for 2-3 days but no more than 4 days as I get tired of having the same meal four days in a row which includes Salmon one of my favorites, especially air fried.

After my stress test tomorrow, I will have to cook something for the next few days and right now, I am not sure what that will be...  but no doubt it will involve rice...

Sometimes, it might be nice not having to cook something as all one would have to do is hunt for a meal...  and that would take place only when hungry...  not at precise times that we humans like to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment