Sunday, September 26

On My Back Porch

Most days, I sit out on my back porch when the weather is mild to hot and there is minimal humidity like today...  it has nothing to do with the fact that it is also Sunday in the Valley...  yesterday was spent moving landscaping rocks and tilling up the ground around a miniture Japanese Maple so that we could sow grass seed and no longer have to worry about planting flowers and weeding...  the decision comes with age not with the fact that we are tired of flowers.

We don't like to work outside on Sundays to give respect to what this day represents religiously and not because we are "born again" Christians...  although for me, I was baptized after 18 months of life and raised in a Christian family until I left home after high school.  My faith will always be a part of who I am, even though I do not believe nor do I support institutionalized religions...  and, those reasons are my own and there is no need to share them.

This morning, my wife and I discussed finances in that the cost of our healthcare has increased and no doubt will increase again...  along with gasoline prices and food prices which impacts us most often as we have numerous medical appointment throughout the month all of which are in Knoxville about 30-50 miles away depending upon the location of the office.

At age 74 and 69 respectively, my wife and I are no longer that keen on driving a long distance to enjoy 5 days of vacation at a coastal town in South Carolina or Florida or along the Gulf Coast, nor are we that keen on flying overseas to see what Europe has to offer...  and, with COVID hanging around like a bad neighbor, we have absolutely no desire to live on a cruise ship for 7 days.

Presidents and elected officials come and go every so often and while most of us only pay attention to the 4 year or 8 year cycles, there are elections being held every two years referred to as the 'mid-terms' and typically influence the power of the House and Senate...  and, while that is interesting to some of us, it no longer is of interest to me because NOTHING EVER CHANGES or at least in my situation, nothing has changed since the mid 1960's...  therefore, I no longer give a shit about politics.

There is RACISM in this country...  there is no doubt about that...  but, racism is not just about the whites, it is also about the blacks as they perpetuate just as much as the whites do...  look at their communities...  look at their churches...  look at their cultural centers...  look at the hatred they have for whites...

Racism in the USA will never change...  as long as there are differences among and within the human race and there are differences with which we are born and they will never change...  Some blacks are lighter than other blacks and those two groups don't care for each other...  yet, dark blacks like to marry light blacks or whites because of the status that brings them for some reason...

BUT...

THE REAL PROBLEM IS NOT...

  • Blacks or whites
  • Democrats or Republicans
  • Educated or non educated
  • Religious or not religious

THE REAL PROBLEM IS...

MONEY AND WEALTH

MILLIONAIRES

BILLIONAIRES    


These people CONTROL EVERYTHING...  and set into motion circumstances and scenarios that have people who are not in their financial domains FIGHTING EACH OTHER...  which on the surface is very clever but it is also destructive...  and, this destruction will NEVER HURT the wealthy as it diverts attention away from them...


No comments:

Post a Comment