Tuesday, April 26

MRI & The Lower Back (L4/L5)


L4/L5 are two disks in the lower spine of the human body and are more than likely involved when there is lower back pain being experienced by an adult in their 70s like myself...

Tomorrow, I will have an MRI performed on my lower back to determine the cause of my problems...

According to my research, my discomfort and inability to walk correctly could come from:
  • a slipped disk
  • a bulging disk
  • bone degeneration
  • pinched nerve
There are other issues but these are the main ones...  and the solutions are:
  • do nothing
  • injections
  • surgery
  • therapy
Of course, insurance has a lot to do with what type of treatment is offered unless you have the out-of-pocket funds to pay for what the insurance company does not...

My MRI will be sedated and because I needed to be sedated I had to wait two months for the procedure.  Many people think I am a PUSSY for needing to be sedated but I really don't give a shit what they think...  what I care about is what I think and what I need to have done for my own mental health and well being.


There is one good thing about being in one's 70s and that is you don't have to concern yourself with what others think.

No comments:

Post a Comment