Monday, April 18

If You Have Good Health, You Have Everything

Two months ago, I got out of bed one morning and had soreness in my butt cheeks.  A couple of days later, it was in my butt cheeks as well as the back of my thighs.  I continued to ignore it until it began to inhibit my ability to walk.  I tried exercises, cold packs, and heat but nothing really worked.  Finally, I decided to see an orthopedic doctor, who after seeing me walk like a penguin, immediately said, "L5/L6 - MRI TO CONFIRM."

Since I need to be sedated, I had to wait 2 months before I could have a sedated MRI...  It is going to take place at the end of this month...  meanwhile, I have been walking with a cane and it is painful to walk, but not impossible to walk.  I expend more energy when I walk now so I have to stop and rest.  I can walk down the steps, but have no power in either leg when I try to walk up steps.  I now find myself pulling myself up the stairs with the handrail.

My doctor told me that there were three things that he could possibly do for me once he had the results of the MRI.  First, he could do nothing.  Second, he could give me injections that may or may not work.  Third, he could do surgery.  Since my wife had shots to help her back issues and they did not work, I have decided to go with the surgery option.  And, I am sure that there are all sorts of risks associated with surgery and I have seen the results of surgeries that did not work...  in fact, they made the situation worse...  and the patient was screwed for life...

It is also interesting to note that as I get older then more and more negative shit happens to me with my physical body...  as if my body is gradually falling apart.  For instance:  Heart Attack, Lymphoma, Melanoma, Thyroid, Prostate, Eyes, Ears, Sinuses, and just the overall lack of physical strength that I used to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment