Friday, April 15

A Breakfast Special



Today in the valley, our temps will be escalating to a high of 75 degrees...  and, my cats are already laying in the sun on our screened-in back porch from which I will soon be writing my articles...


While I have attended the CIA nor do I have any plans to attend, I do play around on a daily basis with cooking food...  I have gotten into a pattern of making a modified omelet pie about every 4 days...  I take a frying pan into which I put olive oil, black pepper, and sea salt.    Then, dice several green onions, 2 vege sausages, bell pepper, and mushrooms...  while that is cooking slowly with a lid, I pour two packages of instant grits into a bowl and let it soak up the water.  I crack 3 eggs into a bowl and scramble them up to fluff them up with air.

Once the stuff in the pan is done, I put the grits into the microwave and blast it at full power for a minute...  then stir...  another thirty seconds...  add 2 slices of cheese...  another thirty-second blast...  then stir and set aside.  I pour the air-infused eggs into the pan on top of what is already in there and cover.

When the eggs are well cooked, I turn off the heat and pour in the grits/cheese mixture, and spread it out...  I cut it into 4ths and eat 1/4 with a toasted English Muffin that may or may not be covered with sugar-free strawberry jelly.

The total calories per meal are 350...

I am not a chef and I don't pretend to be a chef.  I am a retired individual who has been forced into cooking because his wife has refused to cook after she retired... my creativity comes from necessity...  this is what I do now...  and the last thing I want to experience being retired is boredom...


No comments:

Post a Comment