Monday, September 6

Labor Day & Retired

I have been retired since 2015, so this is my SEVENTH Labor Day free from not having to work...  so, Labor Day does not mean that much to me anymore, nor does having a long weekend...

Since being retired, my wife and I do not travel over holidays as there are too many crazy drivers on the road who like to drink and drive or smoke pot and drive, or sniff cocaine and drive...  so, we drive when they are either back at work or in jail...

COVID slowed us down in most of our vacationing plans but after 5 years of retired life, we had pretty much reduced our need to go somewhere down to nothing, especially since we had been everywhere we really wanted to go, at least once, sometimes 3 times and had no desire at all to return.

When I was a school boy, Memorial Day Weekend opened the summer and Labor Day Weekend closed the summer but school years have changed because teachers wanted to get paid more by working more but there was no increase in knowledge acquired by our students...  but, that is a problem for our politicians...  I'm way beyond caring about that.

Labor Day is just another weekend for me and weekends are just like any other day of the week...  as I measure the passage of time now by how many doctor visits do I have this week.

Now I know why so many people around the country are not going back to work because of increased unemployment benefits...  it is nice to stay home and not have to go to work and be told what to do by some asshole.

Enjoy your day....  because when the benefits stop, you will return to work and I will continue to be retired....

No comments:

Post a Comment