Friday, July 7

Medical Update

 As I have shared before, I am being treated for two different kinds of cancers simultaneously - lymphoma and melanoma.  After a good 5 years of now growth from either one, a recent CT scan indicated there was growth.  A biopsy was performed to determine if it was the lymphoma or the melanoma growing.  Yesterday, I found out it was the lymphoma; my oncologist was pleased because he said he was not sure if he could stop the growth of melanoma.  I am glad it was the lymphoma after hearing that too.


So, since it is the lymphoma, there are two possibilities that the lymphoma is growing or that it is mutating into a large cell lymphoma (from a small cell) that is more aggressive and requires me returning to STRONGER DRUGS.


Stronger drugs have more serious side effects that could adversely impact my body which now older.


One of these drugs is CYCTOXIN which I have taken before and could be the reason why I got melanoma and that is one of its side effects.


Could this drug start my melanoma growing?


My oncologist sent samples of my biopsy out to a lab to look for MARKERS.  He will use these markers to target with the immunotherapy drugs.  There will be no radiation nor surgery, only the infusion of these drugs.  I will find out on July 21, what my new treatment protocols will be.


My current fatigue and nausea is coming from the growing cancer, not the drugs...  but, taking these new drugs could increase the intensity of the fatigue and nausea as well as a loss of appetite, a lowering of immunity, and increasing my anemia.  It could also negatively impact other organs.  So far, no other organs except my thyroid have been damaged.


AND I AM STILL ABOVE GROUND...

No comments:

Post a Comment