Sunday, July 30

Health and Life

I was 60 years old when I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins B cell lymphoma...


I was 60 years old when I discovered that I had experienced a severe heart attack while walking on the treadmill downstairs...


No one knew where the Lymphoma had come from, perhaps an Epstein Bar virus that had been hiding.  I was the only one in my immediate family to ever have gotten cancer or have a heart attack for that matter.  It was crazy because I had not smoked for 20 years, I had not eaten red meat on a regular basis for 20 years, I ate no fried foods, and seldom had any sugar.


The only issue left was that I had not managed my stress properly.  My cardiologist did not believe stress was the culprit.  I was supposed to have a triple bypass but had my arteries cleaned out and stents inserted.  15 years later, my stents are still pristine.


At the age of 65, I was told that I also had melanoma that could have been caused by the treatment I had gotten for Lymphoma.  The melanoma went from my foot to my groin to my neck and was stopped by a combination of Opdivo and radiation.


Now, after 15 years, my melanoma is relatively dormant but my lymphoma is changing into something that it was not before.  So far, the doctors have not been able to identify what that change is.  It could be serious or it could be something of concern where meds are changed.


Meanwhile I wait...


I have lost about 10-12 unexpected pounds and I feel more fatigued than usual and sometimes nauseous, but if I lay down it passes.


Each day is precious to me even though I do not take advantage of each day like I should.  I stay busy which keeps me from worrying but I don't spend that much time appreciating MY LIFE.


I am a spiritual person not necessarily a religious one but do believe in a Creator; however, it is possible that our Creator is an extraterrestrial...  and, I don't really have a problem with that as some people do.


These people want to see our Creator as HUMAN...  and logic tells us that is and was never a possibility, just by the fact that this entity is the Creator.  Making us in his image, I think is responsible for that.


With our universe as big as it is and with the possibility that there might be multiple universes, it is highly UNLIKELY that we are they only living creatures around.


What seems to be a fact to me is that someone with superior intelligence altered our DNA in order to create human beings and the human race.  It is simply illogical for our COMPLEX BODIES to have just evolved into who we are today...


For me, that concept is more spiritual than religious.

No comments:

Post a Comment