Saturday, March 30

Watching Movies

When I watch a movie, it is not just to be entertained or to have something to do, I want the time spent watching the movie to be worth it.  I am not a critic, nor do I pretend to be a critic, but I do know that I like and want the movie watching to be satisfying and rewarding.


What I look for (not necessarily in order of priority)

  • good to excellent special effects
  • good to excellent use of camera, lights, shadow
  • a believable plot with twists
  • believable suspense and drama
  • excellent dialogue with tension but not too much
  • excellent acting that is believable
  • authenticity

What really ruins a movie experience for me is piss poor acting or actors that think they are acting and piss poor dialogue that revolves around cliches.

Most of the FREE MOVIES on HULU, Prime, and Netflix fall into the categories of movies I would have never paid to watch.  Most of the time, but not always, these actors and actresses are unknown which explains why the movie is not enjoyable but there are some well-known actors and actresses that acted like they did not give a shit when filming.

My wife tells me to lighten up and just watch the movie as entertainment and/or as something to do...  and while there is logic to that, I cannot enjoy any movies when those items expressed above are present.

My first thought is that NO WONDER THIS MOVIE IS FREE...


No comments:

Post a Comment