Thursday, October 26

USA not America

Many of you have read my posts and wonder why I use the term USA instead of America, especially since almost everyone else does not do this.


I have a simple explanation to offer and it goes something like this.

North America includes: Canada, the USA, and Mexico

Then there is Central America

Then there is South America


Did you know that some of the people from Central America and South America also refer to themselves as Americans?

Granted some don't but that is not the point.


We are the United States of America part of North America.


I think it is important to be as accurate as we can when referring to citizens of the USA  as citizens from the USA and not citizens from America since I COULD BE talking about either Central or South Americans or both.


Perhaps you are thinking that making this distinction is me just being an asshole...  you might be right...  but, then again you might be wrong.  Who's to say?  I mean, really?


Being an American would you like for people to think you are from Central America, South America, or the United States of America?

IT'S YOUR CHOICE...

No comments:

Post a Comment