Tuesday, May 30

Saving Money the Easy Way

I found a coffee cup at WalMart for $1 with a lid cover and spill flap and a rubber ring to use when the coffee cup is hot.  I was quite surprised to find anything in WalMart for a dollar anymore.  I have plenty of coffee cups, but they are all packed up because we are moving and the paper cup I was using finally started leaking.


Another store, below the quality of WalMart (if that can be) is BIG LOTS.  They buy non sale items in bulk or discontinued items in bulk and sell it rather cheap.  I know that there a lot of people who claim they would not be caught dead in places like WalMart and BIG LOTS, and those people are usually the snotty wealthy people.  


That is actually strange because while rich people are willing to spend money for quality, they also like to save money when they can, and claim that careful spending is one of the ways they became wealthy.  Who knows???


All I know is that I can paint the house with a $2 paint brush just as good as I can paint the house with a $10 paint brush...  And, I don't need an expensive shovel to dig a ditch...  if you follow my drift.


I remember years ago when my daughter worked for some retail outfit that accepted refunds, telling the story how customers would borrow stuff to use and then return it a few days later (with the receipt) saying they had changed their mind.  One of the most memorable stories was a family buying a set of dishes for 8 people, just before Thanksgiving, and returning them just after Thanksgiving (used but not washed), saying they had changed their minds.


I suppose if you want to save money, this is surely an easy way to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment