Wednesday, September 9

Wednesday Morning in East TN


Typical East TN Residential Community
TODAY, it was 71 degrees in the morning with a very low humidity and according to ALEXA, our temps are only going to a high of 88 degrees also with low humidity.  While it is a little cool to get into the pool as the water temps have been reducing due to colder nights, it is still a perfect day to sit underneath the gazebo and read, cooled by the gentle valley breeze.  Yesterday, I mowed the yard again and had no problems with a clogged mow.  My wife left a few minutes ago to walk around our neighborhood with her iphone and earplugs to listen to BTS and has continued to walk her regular route throughout the entire spring and summer and plans to continue well into the fall months and early winter, since we will not experience cold weather until January.

WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS?

Because, I just finished watching FOX NEWS as I always do and heard about all the people in NYC, Seattle, Portland, and Chicago who are leaving the cities and moving out to the suburbs where there is less violence and lower taxes.

Now, just because where we are living is safe does not mean that crime does not exist in other Tennessee cities like Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Memphis.  We would never want to live in these cities and seldom visit any of them except Knoxville.  But, let me be clear, visiting the city is much different than living in the city.

I don't give a rat's ass which political party controls our cities and local governments as long as I feel safe in my community.  I should never be forced to live anywhere that is not safe.  I am a retired senior citizen but I would assume that mothers want a safe environment for their children as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment