Friday, July 17

Who Will Win the Debate?

So far, I have spent 5 days and 5 nights at UT Medical Center in Knoxville that was caught right in time because of a Staph Infection for which I will continue to be treated at home for another 2-3 weeks by a Home Health Nurse who will teach us how to administer daily infusions of a powerful antibiotic.

My doctor at UT has called on the Infectious Disease Department to spearhead my case because it falls inside their area of expertise...   and, the ID doctor wants an MRI before he releases me...  however, if I was set for am MRI, I would be released because I have reached that release thresh hold with all my lab work and daily tests.

My MRI cannot be scheduled until Monday so the debate underway is to release me and I come back for my MRI since the results of my MRI will only be used in my after I am released infusions or will the ID doctor stand by his claim of stating I can release you after I see the MRI.  Some of this decision I suppose is going to be determined by the INSURANCE Co. and if they want to pay to 8 days and 8 nights when treatment efficacy will still be maintained after 5 days and nights.

Meanwhile I remain in my hospital gown, drinking their coffee, awaiting their reply...


No comments:

Post a Comment