Wednesday, July 8

I'm Not Sure What I Am Around the House

I used to call my electric drill an electric drill and I used to call my cordless drill a cordless drill...  but, apparently, I have been wrong all these years because my drills are not just drills they are DRILL DRIVERS...  and, when I went looking for an impact drill today in Lowe's I was informed that I was not looking for an impact drill but an IMPACT DRIVER...   and, I could either get a 1/4 inch impact driver or a 1/2 inch drill driver of which they were out of stock, leaving my choices rather limited.

It would also appear that they no longer (and I could be mistaken here) a variable chuck that accommodates all sizes of drill bits from 1/4 to 1/2 but you get a quick release chuck that either holds the 1/4 inch bit or the 1/2 inch bit; however, there is a holder (adapter) that my Lowe's Customer Service Buddy failed to mention that allows the user to have a 1/2 inch drill bit operating in a 1/4 inch drill...


I am not a handyman around the house and I never wanted to be a handyman around the house like my father was and my sister's second husband still is...  I understand that as a handyman around the house, one can save "tons" of money on home repairs and refurbishing but I just never wanted to be that kind of guy...  my first wife was ok with that but my second wife is not...  hence the need to buy an impact drill...  I mean driver...




I have tried to explain to her over and over again that,
  • I am not a carpenter
  • I am not an electrician
  • I am not a plumber
  • I am not a brick layer
  • I don't repair lawn mowers, vehicles, washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, or microwaves...

HOWEVER, I can build her a damn computer
because I trained as a PC Technician for two 
years but it has been so long since I build one, 
I doubt if I remember much.





No comments:

Post a Comment