Monday, July 20

What Really PIsses Me Off About Technology

First of all, a big part of my problem is that I am frigging 72 years old and did not grow up with a cell phone or is it a smart phone in my hand 24/7 like the rug rats today.  So, once something is installed on your phone is remains there until you can get an technician at a phone store to remove it for you.


GOOGLE is notorious for this shit just was was Microsoft when they first got started making sure only certain items would work with their software...  and because of the hackers who were figuring out how to attach all the other devices, Microsoft just gave in and made it compatible with everything.

Now various software companies are playing these games...   especially Google who has so many additional apps to offer and they make it really easy to install them but try removing the sonofabitch and that is a different story all together.

There is one news feed in particular that is worrisome for me and that is called YOUR NEWS....  it takes up a page of your phone like a widget but it cannot be removed that way...   and it is or must be another app that isn't clearly labeled so that it can be easily removed.  I've got news feeds coming in from all over the world about which I do not give a damn and after some research managed to eventually turn off the pop up notifications that take place automatically when this damn thing is turned off.

Right now, I am going feed by feed and blocking it and after 20 or so, reboot my phone and block another 20...  and what is even more curious is that when you click on the menu to block there could be one or more items to block and if you don't block all, you will still get the feed.

My internet research does not coincide with what is on my home page so where they make it look simple, it still does not work because I cannot locate what it is that they are telling or showing me I am supposed to see...

TECHNOLOGY IN THIS CASE SUCKS DONKEY DICKS...

BTW - I don't have the Google News Icon so this news source called YOUR NEWS is coming from somewhere else!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment